Issuing of Certificates of Graduation and Completion
How to Submit a Request
Requests for certificates to be issued are accepted by mail (or email for those overseas). After filling in the below items, send in the request by enclosing a self-addressed stamped envelope (an A4 size envelope with a stamp of the proper postage amount affixed). Those overseas may use an International Coupon (¥130 for one coupon).
- The date of your birth
- Address and telephone number
- School year of enrollment, year and month of graduation (completion)
- Subject (major) or specialty (field of study) at time of enrolment
- Reason for issuing certificate and recipient of certificate
- Type and number of certificates
- Name in Roman letters: if an English certificate is requested (as written on the request form)
- Prefecture of permanent domicile (for certificate of credits earned for a teaching license)
- Certificates are issued three days after receiving a request. (Same-day issuing is not available.)
- If you have any preferences about how the certificate is sealed, indicate them clearly.
- If the request is urgent, affix an additional rush delivery fee (an extra ¥270) to the self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Qualification-related certificates are issued one week after receiving a request (depending on the situation).
- Transcripts in English for those who enrolled as undergraduates before 1993 are issued one week after receiving a request.
- For those overseas, certificates are issued after a self-addressed stamped envelope arrives.
Educational Affairs Clerk at the Osaka University Graduate School of Letters, 1-5 Machikaneyamacho Toyonaka City, 〒560-8532
- Telephone number: