From current topics to phenomenological interests
-- The Evolving Husserl-Database --
Date: July, 1998. Written by:
HAMAUZU, Shinji: Shizuoka University, Japan
This is an English summary of a paper which was published in Studies in Humanities (Annual Reports of Department of Sociology and Language & Literature, Shizuoka University)in Japanese in July 1998.
The so-called environmental estrogen is causing a great sensation in mass communication as newspapers, magazines and televisions. As its influences in animals it is indicated in three points: firstly disorder of reproductive functions, secondly disorder of immune systems and thirdly disorder of brain developments, which would cause juvenile violence. But the last point reminds us the philosophical brain-mind problem and the phenomenological approach to this problem, which we can not enter in this paper. Also in order to consider such an approach to the problem, the Husserl-Database, with which we are engaged since 4 years, is very usefull. In this paper we introduce the new situation of the Husserl-Database.
Until today we have finished our data from Husserliana Vol. 1-8, 10-11, 18-19, 25, 27, 29 (totally 23 vols.). The new data which we have finished and added to the Husserl-Database in this April are made from Husserliana Vol. 6-8, 18, 19/1, 19/2. The original text are:
But, it doesn't mean that we have worked at new six volumes with the same methode.
- Bd. VI Die Krisis der europaischen Wissenschaften und die transzendentale Phaenomenologie, hrsg. von Walter Biemel, 1976.
- Bd. VII Erste Philosophie (1923/24), Erster Teil, Kritische Ideengeschichte, hrsg. von Rudolf Boehm, 1956.
- Bd. VIII Erste Philosophie (1923/24), Zweiter Teil, Theorie der phanomenologischen Reduktion, hrsg. von Rudolf Boehm, 1959.
- Bd. XVIII Logische Untersuchungen, Erster Band, Prolegomena zur reinen Logik, hrsg. von Elmar Holenstein, 1975.
- Bd. XIX/1 Logische Untersuchungen, Zweiter Band, Erster Teil, Untersuchungen zur Phanomenologie und Theorie der Erkenntnis, hrsg. von Ursula Panzer, 1984.
- Bd. XIX/2 Logische Untersuchungen, Zweiter Band, Erster Teil, Untersuchungen zur Phanomenologie und Theorie der Erkenntnis, hrsg. von Ursula Panzer, 1984.
At first, we have used 466 key words for searching up to the last year, but this time we have increased them to 1,004 key words. According the demand of users, we have deliberately selected these words.
Secondly we have introduces a new method of making public our data. Until the last year, we used the anonymous ftp, a nd the WWW only as a gateway to the data that are preserved in the anonymous ftp. However, this time we use only the WWW. Users can only click the corresponding buttons to retrieve data. It makes it users easier to access the data.
Accompaning with this new method, we have devided all of data to each words for searching, while we made untel last year groups of words which begin e.g. with "a", "b", "c", etc. Herewith users can select and retrieve only data which they want to get.
Finally, we would like to introduce the list of bibliography of Husserl studies in Japan which is preserved beside the Husserl-Database and is linked from the latter. This is the great result of a long reseach which Mr. Prof. W. Wada, a co-reseacher of the Husserl-Database, has spended. Regrettably there is at the present only the Japanese version, and the English version is only planed. We hope that this list would, besides the Husserl-Database, contribute to the development of Husserl studies in Japan.